Customer is trying to use ‘corflags.exe’ to modify a Controller executable (for example to solve problem in separate Technote 1508588). An error appears.
corflags : error CF001 : Could not open file for writing
The operating system cannot modify the EXE file.
There are several possible causes for this:
- Scenario #1 – Windows user running the command prompt does not have NTFS write access to the file
- Scenario #2 – EXE file has the “read only” file flag ticked
- Scenario #3 – Someone has got the EXE file (for example the program is running in Windows)
Resolving the problem
The solution varies depending on the cause:
- Scenario #1 – Modify NTFS permission, or launch Command Prompt as a different (administrative) user
- Scenario #2 – Right-click on the file, click “properties” and untick “read only” attribute.
- Scenario #3 – Close the EXE file (currently running in Windows).
Nguồn : http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21589922