Part 1: Go to E-Mail Definition Maintenance (36.4.20, mgemmt.p).
- E-Mail Definition – choose a value, such as a group, user name, etc.
- Operating System – UNIX (Windows Server require a different set up).
- Start Effective – 01/01/00, leave End Effective blank. (this can be set to date(s) desired)
- Hit Next.
- Description – choose a description for this e-mail definition.
- Path and Program Name – enter the path to the e-mail program (in this example we are using mailx, using which in Linux we can determine the patch to the mailx executable as /bin/mailx).
- Command Line Parameters – this is used to format the output sequence to the mail program being used, see screenshot below for settings using Linux mailx.
- Start Effective – 01/01/00, leave End Effective blank. (again, this can be set to date(s) desired).
- E-Mail Command – this line is automatically formatted based on the Command Line Parameters, this can be used to verify the syntax of the e-mail sequence is correct.
- Click Next, a prompt will appear “Send Test E-Mail Message Now?”, click NO
Part 2: Go to User Maintenance (36.3.1, mgurmt.p), and open a desired user.
- Add a valid definition to E-Mail Def (in this example it is simply called email).
- Enter a valid e-mail address for the user in E-Mail Address.
Part 3: Go to Printer Setup Maintenance (36.13.2, mgmgmt05.p), now a record needs to be created for the e-mail system.
- Set Output To to ‘Email’.
- Destination Type, click the look up and select ‘Email’.
- Finish creating the record with all other fields to defaults (blank).
Part 4: Go to E-Mail Definition Maintenance (36.4.20, mgemmt.p).
- Bring up the setup defined in Step 1.
- Click Next, a prompt will appear “Send Test E-Mail Message Now?”, click YES.
- This will generate a test e-mail to the recipient(s) defined with the e-mail addresses that were defined in the above steps.
QAD 2011 SE
QAD .Net UI 2.9.4
Progress OpenEdge 10.2B05
Red Hat Linux